For months Taldor faction leader Lady Gloriana Morilla has mustered a small army to aid the Mendevian Crusade; however, without a powerful, unifying icon to rally around, progress is slow. When her agents learned of a dormant relic that might be awakened, she petitioned the Pathfinder Society for its aid in recovering this so-called Horn of Aroden, knowing that the Society would benefit from her army’s hastened arrival. The PCs travel to Brevoy, a fragmented land of dueling, cold, and conquest to secure this horn, though in doing so they join an ongoing plot of politics and intrigue.
The Party (playing Tier 1-2, run by Michael Tracy)
- Roy Drake – human dual-weapon Fighter.
- Skiven – Viking Barbarian/Fighter.
- Glandin – Ulfen Bloodrager, gruff in attitude
- Darwin Springleaf – Elven cleric of Eristil
- Yepa – Elven witch from the frozen north.
- Battle bunny! The witches’ familiar charged into battle dealing little non-lethal damage, but successfully coup-de-gras multiple enemies.
- Lots and lots of shaken conditions being applied!
- Successfully bringing Lander around by ***spoiler removed***
- Some moral quandaries at the end deciding what to do about some large birds.
- The session laster the entire slot! The other times I’ve seen this scenario played it was over in 2 hours (but that might explain why a prestige was lost!)
- Playing down with one 4th level character trivialized the combats, but they were still fun!
- Nothing really bad happened this scenario, at least not to the players!
A scenario on the weak side for combat, but lots of good RP opportunities if you take the initiative to participate. Thanks Michael for running this game!