In Sedaq, VC Yasmin Kal’al tasks the group with a simple recovery mission – find four Osirian artifacts taken by the smuggler Matzal Chaim.
The party, playing 6-7 sub-tier
- Skaggi – Barbarian pregen – smash first, talk later.
- Shezeera, tiefling alchemist with lots of knowledge skills
- Juggernaut, dhampir barbarian with a vicious bite attack
- Steve, human Hellknight – think Judge Dredd.
- Eavon, musket wielding gunslinger representing the Grand Lodge
- Aziza, helpful human cleric of Desna wielding a longspear
- Velik, Szarni sorcerer who tends to cast first and ask questions later
- Dragons!!! Well, not exactly dragons, but they were the largest mini’s I had to represent what was actually there!
- Chase Scenes without the chase rules! Lot of Benny Hill moments. Low movement speed is a true hinderance.
- The appearance of Grandmaster Torch and these brave pathfinders now owing him a “favor, to be redeemed at a future date.” Grandmaster Torch goes on to…… well, I can’t spoil that for you, go play more to find out!
- Rescuing a merchant only to have him believe the Pathfinders are now his “protection agency” to pay
- Only earning 1 prestige and lower gold by party choices. Sometimes being nice has a cost.
- Close to needing an atonement… watch those choices with civilians!
- Non-challenging combat encounters (also due to DM dice not rolling above a 8 for most of the game!), but interesting optional encounters discovered by the group!
All in all, a fun time was had by all, even if the modus operandi was to shoot first and question later. If you’ve played this before and need a follow-up, try Delirium’s Tangle to continue with Torch’s storyline!