Aram Zay sends a group of pathfinders into the Hao Jin Tapestry to make diplomatic contact with a group of ratfolk in Round Mountain, a powerful clan whose power stretches far across the tapestry. Also, intelligence reports that the Aspis Consortium are trying to do the same – so stop those agents from making their own agreements with the ratfolk. These scenarios were run by Michael.
Part 1 Party (playing 7-8 tier):
- Taishi-Ci, an often confused, mis-identifying creatures as demons, demon-hunting aasimar
- Butyl, cleric of Torag and voice of reason for the party
- Antimony, scientist by day and beast by night
- Shezeera, tiefling alchemist with lots of knowledge skills
Part 2 Party, same as above plus (playing 10-11 tier):
- Lem, pregen bard who jumps into danger
- ShadowHawk, a walking Sherman tank
- Negotiating successfully with the guards to gain safe passage into Round Mountain and the Pagoda.
- Butyl’s well timed dismissal and plane shift that sent away many powerful adversaries.
- Dealing 150+ damage to the final boss with a flurry of arrows.
- Breath of Life saving Sheezera!
- Trying to keep a ratfolk henchmen by hiding him in a handy haversack.
- Shadowhawk resisting dominate person by realizing that it has a 1 round casting time, giving the party time to take out the caster before he became dominated!
- Discovering just how much of a prick Aram Zey is when he teleports two new pathfinders directly to the Pagoda of the Rat when the first group had to travel for days.
- Diplomatically resolving the final encounter in Part 1, only to suffer later for that decision.
- Using 2 full wands of cure light wounds, and two party members not having self curing. Come prepared at higher tier!
- Sheezera dying to a claw-claw-rend attack!
- Not being able to get a ratfolk henchmen at the end of the scenario. They are just adorable.
- Debate on how multiple deeper darkness works when casting order goes: deeper darkness, daylight, then deeper darkness again. Maybe a future lore article should be done for this!
All in all, a very dangerous set of scenarios with a good mix of role play and combat. Thanks Michael for running the games back to back!